Sunday, February 24, 2019

UNDECIDED...



After months of research and learning about the different types of genre within the film industry and I still haven't decided which genre I want to choose for my film opening. I've been doing research on the drama and crime and gangsters genre, but for me, the drama genre is the one that stands out more. The drama genre is "a serious presentations or stories with settings or life situations that portray realistic characters in conflict with either themselves, others, or forces of nature" (AMC Film site). The genre portrays relatable topics that the audience can assimilate to, whether is on the best moments someone have experienced, to the worst moments. All of these kind of events and emotions make the audience feel more connected with the characters of the story or even the story itself. For example movies like, “The Grand Budapest Hotel,” “The Aviator,” “Lady Bird,” show stories that audience gets engage with. No matter if they are fictional stories, or based on true stories.

Since I learned about this genre I have always hd this interest of portraying human's emotions and stories on film. I enjoy to make content that I know my audience will enjoy and also reflect on what are they watching. And also ask the question, does this relates to me in any way? Also, I enjoy how most of the films that are under the drama genre leave the audience a sense of mystery. Leading the audience to learn more about the story.

Moreover, if I choose this genre for my film opening on this couple of weeks, I will start the pre-production as soon as possible. Such as, planning, storyboarding, writing the script, finding music, and so on. 
Image result for thinking film gif

No comments:

Post a Comment